Wednesday, July 22, 2009

thing #15

Web 2.0

I've learned over the years that when something has a number & decimal following it, such as library 2.0 or web 2.0 that a bigger & better, more updated version is on its way. (eventually) What does library 2.0 mean to me? I'm not sure. One of the articles mentions that we're always online, connected to this world. I don't agree. This summer, I was out of touch with any electronics for a week. I didn't miss it one bit. I think it's kind of sad to be "always online". Talk about information overload. What I think Web 2.0 may do is relieve some of that. What does web 2.0 mean for school libraries? I think it means that students will be able to work from home if they choose, but they can still get a librarian's help if needed. This is a way to make access more easily available, but students still need a librarian's help sometimes in finding information and determining good quality resources. I think it opens possiblities, but doesn't mean we need to get rid of libraries or physical collections.

No comments:

Post a Comment