Thursday, July 16, 2009

thing #8

RSS feeds.

I first heard of this today. I was told it stood for something different than what it does. I didn't know that's what the little orange box meant. I like that RSS feeds integrate the information into a simpler form, such as pictures. I think it makes it a little easier for children learning technology. The Google one has an expanded reader version, which I think will be of great interest to students who don't like to read.

This could be used at school for reluctant readers & those who really are involved with the technology of the day. I wish I'd had this for some of my students to peak their interest. Teachers could use this feature for reading components in their classes as well as incorporating technology, which I always struggle with.

No comments:

Post a Comment